Refined and sexy. Is there really any better way to be? Jean Andre embodies the two essential facets of desirability in his brand of “gentleman art.” Typography, the female form, parisian-esque sketches, watercolor. Delicate but strong. The hard and soft dichotomy that turns us one – Andre’s got it. Coming down from his recent Adidas and Kevin Lyon collaboration that debuted at Los Angeles’ famed HVW8 gallery, Jean Andre will be featured creating at an undisclosed location for this year’s Miami Basel. See below for Jean’s Proust Questionnaire brought to you by WeTransfer.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Having a peaceful, full of friends, girls and food journey to reach it !
2. What is your greatest fear? To walk on a rake
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? I have an artichoke heart
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? They are late and prevent me just at the meeting time
5. Which living person do you most admire? My mum
6. What is your greatest extravagance? I’m over normal
7. What is your current state of mind? In love
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Chastity. Sexual appeal is a real true thing you can’t fake. To me it’s not anymore a virtue to hide and refrain it.
9. On what occasion do you lie? I don’t lie but I exaggerate at least 2000 times a day
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? My love handles
11. Which living person do you most despise? Jean Marie et Marine
12. What is the quality you most like in a man? Loyalty
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman? Her confidence
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? “Oh yeah”
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? I guess, my tools
16. When and where were you happiest? In a girl’s arms
17. Which talent would you most like to have? Being a musician
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I wish I was taller
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Make my parents proud
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? Something that stays. Like mountains or a sea
21. Where would you most like to live? NYC
22. What is your most treasured possession? My year compilation 1979 of Lui magazine.
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
24. What is your favorite occupation? Drawing girls
25. What is your most marked characteristic? I’m bearded
26. What do you most value in your friends? They give me all the love I can get
27. Who are your favorite writers? @tyrsamisu @mrseaves101 Pablo Ferro & Herb Lubalin
28. Who is your hero of fiction? Link
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? Serge Gainsbourg
30. Who are your heroes in real life? My friends
31. What are your favorite names? Girls names
32. What is it that you most dislike? Peanuts
33. What is your greatest regret?
Not be able to meet Matisse and Gainsbourg
34. How would you like to die? Die for a woman’s love
35. What is your motto? Space is the place