A prominent figure in the world of street art hailing from Cape Town, Faith47 is recognized for her intricate large-scale murals that are scattered across the globe. China, Glasgow and nearly everywhere in-between – her clean lines paired with strong messages are easily recognizable yet impossible to recreate. Positive symbolism at its finest, her signature style combines traditional talent with raw expression in both public and private arenas to convey her perspective on society. She will be spending this year’s Miami Basel at Wynwood Walls collaborating with Alexis Diaz, a street artist whose style looks remarkably close to pen ink detailing from last night’s dream. While you’re over at Wynwood Walls, be sure to check out other mural collabs curated by Library Street Collective, showcasing teams like Shepard Fairey x Cleon Peterson, Pose x Revok, and Haas x Hahn.
See below for Hannah’s Proust Questionnaire brought to you by WeTransfer.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Ocean view. Open heart. Clear skies. Deep breaths.
2. What is your greatest fear?
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Insincerity. Inflated egos.
5. Which living person do you most admire?
The nameless vagabond
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
7. What is your current state of mind?
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
righteousness, morality (that peers down on others), sympathy (often condescending and loaded with assumptions) as opposed to empathy.
9. On what occasion do you lie?
on the occasion of fools
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
My unending scruffiness although I find it quite endearing.
11. Which living person do you most despise?
I don’t want to
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
One who Knows his inner emotional landscape
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
One who has an Independent sense of self worth
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
‘I’m fine how are you?’
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
16. When and where were you happiest?
There is a finite, specific place and time of joy which spans out in all directions forever. it is an unchangeable thing beneath all the chaotic waves on the surface.
17. Which talent would you most like to have?
to create archetypal works of art that communicate directly to the core of peoples hearts and psyche
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
to be less shy
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
a genius musician
21. Where would you most like to live?
in the faraway tree
22. What is your most treasured possession?
My physical body
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
War. External and internal. Between countries and also between individuals.
24. What is your favorite occupation?
Being in my studio… Being in nature
25. What is your most marked characteristic?
It’s hard for me to answer this, so I’ve asked my best friend Tyler B Murphy who knows me so well and he said I’m ‘Thoughtful and relentless’ so that’s got to be true.
26. What do you most value in your friends?
An ability to see through the veils
27. Who are your favorite writers?
28. Who is your hero of fiction?
Ninja and yolandi
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Patti Smith. I find her incredibly profound.
30. Who are your heroes in real life?
My friend meghan and my friend clinton. my mother. my grandmother
31. What are your favorite names?
32. What is it that you most dislike?
40 hour aeroplane journeys
33. What is your greatest regret?
forgetting to appreciate those around me.
34. How would you like to die?
35. What is your motto?
perspective [as in – i remind myself of how very small i am in the universe. how death highlights trivialities, how fleeting time is]