Creating art that is reminiscent of the divine feminine energy, Hannah Stouffer is an artist who consistently straddles ethereal aesthetics with strong symbolism. Intricate detail and metaphysical motifs are two of Stouffer’s signature traits. For this year’s Miami Basel, she teamed up with Johnny Vampotna to create the show Stolen Kisses. Presented by Ghost Room Gallery, Stolen Kisses is a series of porcelain scupltural pieces, luminous neon and aquarelle paintings by both Stouffer and Vampotna. A self-proclaimed “concept space,” you’ll only be able to attend this reception with an online presence, as Ghost Room Gallery operates with a concealed physical location, leaving their artists as the only visible attendees present during the exhibition.
In addition to the show, Hannah is keeping busy by curating the visual arts lineup for Basel Castle in the Wynwood Art District. Dubbed by Rolling Stone as one of Art Basel’s ‘most notable music showcases’, headliners include Future Islands and Yung Lean & Sad Boys. As for the featured artists, keep your eyes peeled for Drew Merritt, Nychos, L’Amour Supreme and many more. Hannah will also be painting a wall with our friends at PangeaSeed at the iconic Electric Pickle… Workaholic much? Just how we like em. See below for Hannah’s Proust Questionnaire brought to you by WeTransfer.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
It exists somewhere in the moments after achievement but before indulgence. Its that warm, pre/post-exhaustive time, usually in solitude, and ideally in the sun.
2. What is your greatest fear?
To expire with regrets of not loving enough, being present enough or giving enough of myself to those that are closest. It keeps me up at night.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I’m very aware of my tendencies. I like to work a lot.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
5. Which living person do you most admire?
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
7. What is your current state of mind?
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
I consider balance to be the most important.
9. On what occasion do you lie?
When my intentions or passions outweigh my current achievements.
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
Nothing that can’t be adjusted with a little effort.
11. Which living person do you most despise?
They know who they are.
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
Intelligent, strong masculinity – a sensitive thug.
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Confident, feminine sexuality and independence.
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
I still have a lot of life to live.
16. When and where were you happiest?
Usually in motion and outside of my comfort.
17. Which talent would you most like to have?
I really want to be able to play rnb synth riffs on my keyboard.
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I have a tendency to try to carry more than I can hold, literally.
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
Certainly North American wildlife
21. Where would you most like to live?
On a beach, outside of the US.
22. What is your most treasured possession?
My dog, Taki
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
24. What is your favorite occupation?
25. What is your most marked characteristic?
My quiet charm, and my dance moves.
26. What do you most value in your friends?
Loyalty, honesty, curiosity and a goddamn good sense of humor.
27. Who are your favorite writers?
Hugh Prather, Ram Dass, Andy Warhol, Donny Miller, Charles Saatchi
28. Who is your hero of fiction?
I’m not really one for stories.
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
30. Who are your heroes in real life?
31. What are your favorite names?
32. What is it that you most dislike?
Like in the world?? Cats.
33. What is your greatest regret?
34. How would you like to die?
Painlessly and naturally. That seems like a common ideal.
35. What is your motto?